Chart Count [7/17]: Frank Ocean’s ‘Channel Orange’ Debuts At Number 2
The album sales numbers from the week of July 10th to July 17th are officially in! This week’s top 20 features Frank Ocean‘s Channel Orange, Justin Bieber‘s Believe, Chris Brown‘s Fortune, and a few others…
2. After a strategic impromptu digital release (a la iTunes), Frank Ocean debuted at the Number 2 spot on the sales charts with the release of his first studio album, Channel Orange. Frank sold 130,945 copies of his album within the first week. Had it been any other week, he would have come in at the number 1 spot, beating out the Zac Brown Band and the release of their Uncaged album. — Now that Channel Orange is available in stores (excluding Target), I’m excited to see what kind of sales his album will produced in the next week.
3. Justin Bieber clings to the number 3 spot by selling an additional 44,439 copies of his album Believe in the last week. If you haven’t taken a listen to this project, use iTunes to avail yourself. The project temporarily bandages that Justin Timberlake-sized hole in our hearts made by his musical absence. (See: Justin Bieber’s ‘Believe’ Debuts At Number 1)
5. Last week Chris Brown‘s Fortune debuted at the number 1 spot, this week it clings to the top 5. Fortune sold 42,864 additional copies of his album within the last week.
9. With regards to Adele‘s sales numbers, nothing baffles me more. It’s been rearing a year and a half since the release of her critically acclaimed album 21 and in the last week alone she has managed to sell an additional 35,403 copies of her album. Amazing!
12. Usher‘s Looking 4 Myself comes in at the number 12 spot with an additional 20,178 copies of his album sold within the last week. Not too shabby…
14. Maybach Music Group‘s Self Made Vol. 2 sold an additional 18,818 copies within the last week. With all the pre-release promotion, I expected this album to do much better.happywheels